grrrrr!! maps not displaying?!

Guest Gen. Disorder

Guest Gen. Disorder

GAH! its allways somehing isnt it. ok here it is. i open up a file i created a year or so ago with viz3i & needed to do some work with it. no material maps will display them selves in the view port. this of course makes it very dificult to scale them. it not something with the specific file either, i tried a more recent file that was fine the otehr day, no maps, i started a new file, no maps. so it looks like the old file changed some setting when i saved it to the new format. the materials are there, they render fine, but they just wont display in the viewport. ive looked at the viewport display (smooth+highlight) the viewport configuration (disable textures is not checked. ive looked at everything i can think of in the preferences, driver settings & so on. its this way with all the object, so its not anything with the individule objects properties (though i checked anyway). so now im ofcourse stumped & getting pissy. again i say....grrrrr! any ideas? anyone seen this happen before? any help would be great guys & thanks.

[ September 20, 2002, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: Gen. Disorder ]

Guest Gen. Disorder

O!.... no thats not the answer were look for, but thanks for playing anyway. no, guess i should have mentioned this before, but of course i checked that first. sorry. no i checked that about 30 times trying to figure this out. & its this way with all materials as well. premade, new, old, all of them. i played around with getting maps other than the dif map to show as well, none of them will show, not the bump, reflect, refract, nothin. "bah!" i say!

Guest Gen. Disorder

you the man george! thanks a ton. wow i swear ive never noticed that before, & i certainly have no idea how it got switched. thanks again.