rotating maps

matt_vinoir

i'm being dense i know but i've just started with it! How do you rotate the map without rotatring the actual solid object. ie slate floor procedural maps.

Also, i want a fluro tube to hide in a recess of thew ceiling. whats the best way to create light flooding down a wall like fluro tubes?

cheers!

rotate maps:

1. rotate the uvw map modifier gizmo (if you have one)

2. goto material editor -> select material -> goto the map you want to rotate -> every map has an offset/tiling/angle... change the z-angle (also known as the w-angle if you have an UVW... XYZ=UVW x=u and so on...

greetz....

an easy way to create a strip of light flooding down the wall is by using a self illuminated falloff map or gradiant map in the opacity slot.

here's a quick piccy i done showing a few examples of using this method -

http://strat.freewebspace.com/flood.jpg

if the link dont work you'll have to copy the url and paste it into the address line to see it.

[ July 26, 2002, 07:48 AM: Message edited by: STRAT ]

i always seem to get remote linking frobiden with your images strat. shame cos i've only seen one image you'vedone and it was nice.

btw i have viz 4. i forgot to say.

i tried the uvw map thing. do i select the obect that the map is assigned to? the w map doesn't change anything. am i meant to go itto my mterials editor?

i thought i could go to mapscaler and just rotate the map. grrr i'm so dumb!