Fry Render Beta 1.9 released

u.biq

Hi to all,

as a betatester of it, i'm proud to announce to you the release of the 1.9 beta version that is a milestone, imo.

To sum it up :

- fry render is now 64bit, meaning you're only limited by your RAM amount

- a definitive and improved material system

- improved IBL technology (image base lighting)

- improved tonemapping

For a complete information,

http://fryrender.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=2790

Cheers to all

64bit!

By the way, 64 bit code had been promised only after Fry 1.0, but it was pushed forward because of customer demand. About the only thing I can think of that Feversoft gets regularly asked for that is still not in Fry, and may never be, is an OSX version. Having 'pre-ordered' both Maxwell and Fry, I find that with Fry I feel a lot more part of the process, more listened to. I am not a beta-tester of either. I think Fry 1.0 is going to be a very solid release.

Here are some of my recent renders with fryrender to give you a basic idea of what you can do with it:

A couple of fun things I did with lamps I'd modeled for a hotel project (arm chair modeled by Christopher Schramm). Rendered with nearly 1.9:

articulating_lamps_final8_sm.jpg

Boa_Lamps_Final_sm.jpg

A redo of my work for Architectural Digest magazine (Sept. 2004), that was originally done with VIZ radiosity. This was rendered with vBeta 1.9:

scheme1_005_web.jpg

The color representation in the fryrender version is very true to the physical samples I was given for the project. Original radiosity render (2004):

http://www.surrealstructures.com/ArchDigest/original_scheme1.jpg

• 3 months later...
i wish there was more information out there about how to setup a FRY scene :(

or maybe its about time we have a Fry section @ CGA ;)

Hi Fernando,

The tutorials section of the fryrender website is down temporarily because it is being overhauled in preparation for the next release. What is your host application? I can help you with 3ds Max or Rhino if you want. Just start a new thread in the 3rd Party section and we can get started. :)

I'm hoping that fryrender will have a forum here once it is out of beta.

icon_eek.gif

it must have been painful, Fran.. when u fell out of heaven :D

sweet! yes ma'am, i will do as u say.. in fact, as i thank u, my other hand already got started on my 2nd PC..

PS: who is Fernando? :confused:

:cool:

For some reason they dont want us Brits to download the demo, tried at work but when you type in the zip code ( post code to us) it doesnt recognise the format so keeps on telling you to compleate the section.

Sent them an email but no joy yet and I was looking forward to having a play tonight since the wife and kids are away. Little does she know that I havnt turned the house into a lap dancing club as she suspects but had planned giving my PC a damn good thrashing...... Its a conspiracy I tell you

Hi Paul,

Just enter any 5-digit number. It's a glitch that needs to be fixed. :)

Thaks Fran that seems to have done the trick , now downloading.

By the way do you use this alot for your renders , I use vray and was wondering how the 2 compare

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

So i´m interested in trying FRY, do they still need testers? or would i just be able to test the demo?

The demo dosn´t support network rendering, and that´s just usless for me, if i can´t try out the speed in my render node, what´s the point of it? I need to test it´s use in production workflow.

Thank you