Opinion >>Want to buy new machine.

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, but i've been around CG Archhitect for few years now.

I have a d ilemma rite now..whether to buy an apple Macbook / Macbook Pro

or a normal PC laptop.

Should I buy a desktop ?? i think i need to do my work on the go..so I travel alot and I like to work constantly when my idea suddenly come out..So I need a laptop. A good laptop..

Im an architect & designer. I use a lot of 3d software n rendering + Illustrator and Photoshops. I need a laptop that at least can run a sketchup for my 3d modelling and can use Illustrator and photoshop at at good performing quality.

what do you guys suggest?? any own experience that you would like to share ?

Thank you. I would like to learn more from this community . Thanks once again.

donz

melb

Donz,

I am rendering artist and use: AutoCAD, 3DMax and Photoshop. I have 2 desktops and one laptop that I work on. Here are my views:

I use desktop with CRT for work, other desktop with TFT for internet only, and I use laptop on travels, but, even then, I try to find CRT to connect it to, to get real colors.

From my experience, modestly priced LCD/TFTs are not good enogh ( at least for my job ) because they don't show colors correctly

Sincerely,

Goldie

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, but i've been around CG Archhitect for few years now.

I have a d ilemma rite now..whether to buy an apple Macbook / Macbook Pro

or a normal PC laptop.

Should I buy a desktop ?? i think i need to do my work on the go..so I travel alot and I like to work constantly when my idea suddenly come out..So I need a laptop. A good laptop..

Im an architect & designer. I use a lot of 3d software n rendering + Illustrator and Photoshops. I need a laptop that at least can run a sketchup for my 3d modelling and can use Illustrator and photoshop at at good performing quality.

what do you guys suggest?? any own experience that you would like to share ?

Thank you. I would like to learn more from this community . Thanks once again.

donz

melb

Hey donz,

first deside your budget. If u wana run 3d software it demands high end machines . as now u can also concider for core2duo laptos besides mac

researching market is quite nesesary . Do some reasearch in your market

area tallk to wendors for best deals.

finally if u only want 2 run sketch up and pshop ,illustrator ,then p4 3ghz

with one g.b ram will o.k

and if u can spend more go for core 2 duo or mac with 2G.b ram.

further hope fully this will give u a idea what should do

Thanks

Sanjay

Consider everything you are using as a whole - what will work best for your existing software/equipment, and what will work best for you in a years time from now? Macs are all very well, but most of the software released, (at least initially), is written for windows. Furthermore they cannot compete with the fastest PC workstations, (which are inherently more flexible due to the widespread availability and choice of components). 3D Max won't work unless you install windows, (which kind of defeats the object of having a Mac in the first place)... :rolleyes:

That said, Macs look pretty and don't suffer from the issues that Vista is ridden with. You'd be able to use Final Cut Pro which is a fantastic editing suite, if you need that kind of software for what your doing. Either way, I would go for minimum 2GB of memory in the laptop as it makes all the difference when you are loading up the really large files/running photoshop/illustrator at the same time.

I'm a pretty big Macbook Pro fan myself. If for no other reason than that you can't find anything else that gets that kind of power into that kind of form factor. I got mine to run Windows on but since have switched over to MacOS for my daily needs.