VFB Issue

JNoy

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with a high-res image rendering. When I go above try to render at 3600x1800, the vray frame buffer starts rendering strangely and ultimately just gives me a black image.

I uploaded an image of what it looks like as it renders. I had already saved a light cache and irradiance map at a lower resolution. The image renders fine at 1200x600, so I'm wondering if there's an issue with the VFB being unable to stretch the IR/LC maps, or simply being unable to handle a higher resolution. If I don't render to the VFB, there is no problem.

Anyone else having this issue? Seeing those weird multicolor pixels is odd.

Thanks.

i have had similar problems, but i think the problem was that i had things in the scene imported from autocad.

to get around it i did new scene > xref objects > grab everything you know is good geometry. also go through your material browser and get rid of any non-vray materials (like raytrace)

dont know if this will work for you or not, but, there it is.

Hi Dave,

I tried xref scene and xref objects, but still got the error.

I completely merged all objects into a new scene and it was able to render at the larger resolution. I suppose that at some point the file was just corrupted, or some other weird glitch occurred.

Thanks for your suggestion!