ArchiViz Jobs In Australia?

Eezo

Hi

I work as an architectural 3d visualiser in the UK, I'm 23 years old and I have been in industry for about 9 months now.

I don’t feel there is much to offer young people in this country at the moment and I would like a change of scenery. I am seriously considering moving to Australia for a few years to work and maybe even stay. I probably wouldn’t be looking to take the plunge for about 6 months to a year.

Can anyone tell me if I would be likely to find work in Australia or am I barking up the wrong tree?

If anyone can give me some advice that would be great!

Cheers.

Oh that's music to my ears, thanks for the replies guys!

I'm not too sure where I would like to live at the moment, the general plan is to save up some money here in the UK and then next year I’ll come out to Australia and just see the country for a month or two and then decide where I want to live and work.

Can I ask if ArchiViz jobs are well paid in Australia, will I be able to afford a good standard of living, I here living accommodation is cheap there?

Thanks.

It all depends on experience and who you work for. Junior jobs are generally shockingly low paid but senior jobs can be quite generous.

Architect firms tent to pay a bit more than viz studios. There arent many large viz studios but many one man and smaller stuydios around.

Coming over on the pond will make it alot easier to get started.

JHV