Max 2008 file linking bug?

Chad Warner

WIth Max 9, if an object was file linked and then merged into a new file, the object lost it’s linking ability and was able to be deleted. With Max 2008, the same object is not able to be deleted, and acts just like a regular linked object.

Problem with this is, there is no way to get rid of the object once it’s merged into the scene. I can’t unlink anything and I can’t delete it. Is there something I’m missing, or is this a bug?

Thanks,

Chad

Actually I take that back.... 2008 does have one glitch that it gives me, but it's not hindering MAX....

If I'm in the middle of rendering (not sure if Vray compounds this or not) and I drag a file from an explorer window into photoshop to do work, it will freeze that explorer window. Even after the render finishes that window stays frozen, you can't close it and you can't use it. Only way to get it back is to end the explorer process, or save your work and close max. The second max closes that window pops back to life.

this happen to anyone else?

Actually I take that back.... 2008 does have one glitch that it gives me, but it's not hindering MAX....

If I'm in the middle of rendering (not sure if Vray compounds this or not) and I drag a file from an explorer window into photoshop to do work, it will freeze that explorer window. Even after the render finishes that window stays frozen, you can't close it and you can't use it. Only way to get it back is to end the explorer process, or save your work and close max. The second max closes that window pops back to life.

this happen to anyone else?

Hey Brian, I am noticing that as well. At first i thought it was because i was dragging multiple files but when i dragged one file into photoshop to edit, I got the same issue.

Shaun