Vray support hacked?

Jim Mann

Just in case you haven't spotted any of the e-mails from Chaos Group in your inbox that begin:

"Because of password encryption mechanism, we cannot restore your original password, so a new one is generated for you. Now your account is as follows:"

It appears that someone or something is trying to get into the customer accounts at Chaos Group. Looks like they are trying to fix it but you might not be able to download updates etc until they do. There is a thread running at:

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40584

Doesn't seem like the hack worked but it might be best to keep an eye on our individual accounts for the time being.

Jim

I have not been able to "see" the Vray forum for a couple of months. When I log on I get the "what's going on" page that lists the current active users. I can't navigate beyond this page w/o getting the "Invalid Forum specified - If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator" message. I even re-registered as a new user and have the same problem. Are you folks able to access the entire forum?

I have not been able to "see" the Vray forum for a couple of months. When I log on I get the "what's going on" page that lists the current active users. I can't navigate beyond this page w/o getting the "Invalid Forum specified - If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator" message. I even re-registered as a new user and have the same problem. Are you folks able to access the entire forum?

I am having what appears to be the same problem. I can get to Chaos Group Forums page, and the site recognizes my un and pw, and it shows me logged in, but it doesn't show any of the forums - it's just blank. As rapidviz states above, I also see the "Currently Active Users", under the "What's Going On?", but unable to gain access into any of the forums themselves.

I ended up emailing vray@chaosgroup.com a message indicating the problems I was having.

I got a pretty quick reply back from Chaos stating that "The forum has been updated. Please let us know what your forum user name is, in order to add posting rights to your account."

I replied back with my forum user name, to which I recieved another reply from Chaos indicating the problem with my account had been resolved.

I checked, just to verify, and low and behold, I can see the forums now.