Flights to and inside America

Guest STU_P

Hi Everyone,

I'm tyrying to organise a 2 centre hoilday starting with a driving holiday out of Las Vegas then going over to New York for a few days. I'm having trouble trying to organise flights epsecially as they are one way. I want to fly from london to las vegas then to new york and then back to london. Any help on the best web sites to go to?

Any help much appreciated as the travel agents are quoting some silly prices and i'm pulling my hair out trying to find a cheaper alternative!

Cheers

Why Las Vegas?

Well, within the US look at JetBlue and Southwest Airlines. If you fly into and out of NY, you can get good options from London. Then, seperately, look at the NYC-Vegas routes. You might have to use different airports, though maybe not. I think Newark (a.k.a. Liberty) New jersey is worth checking in addition to JFK.

Driving? Driving where? Vegas is not near anything but itself. There's some amazing desert around it, but to LA for example is not a short hop. You can get around the Strip just fine without a car, though the free valet parking everywhere is a treat. NYC doesn't need a car, either, in fact its a hindrance. Parking is not free (I've broken my old record recently by paying close to $50/hr to park in Manhattan-the fun never ends).

My girlfriend and i both want ot see vegas and then we were going to go out in a loop through the national parks and grand canyon in a motorhome before coming back to vegas then flying over to see new york for a few days befroe flying back to london. I wouldn't even contemplate driving in NY!

I always just use expedia.com and travelocity.com to look for flights in the US. You no longer get hit with fees for booking one way trips like you would 10 years ago. On my business trips it's quite common these days that I'll fly out on one airline and come home on another just because of better rates or flight times.

No I don't think expedia does offer those two.... now that you mention it so, check them as well I guess. Another good low cost airline is skybus, but their flights are still fairly limited as they are growing....

virgin is killer (from what I've heard on diggnation...) in flight monitors all with satelite TV, XM radio, but best of all is the in seat power for your laptop, the whole cabin has mood lighting, and they play ambient music as you board.

http://www.wardrivers.be/files/news/2007/virgin-america-header.jpg

• 3 years later...
(I've broken my old record recently by paying close to $50/hr to park in Manhattan-the fun never ends).

I paid $44 fine for parking in front of my own rented house 2 weeks ago, becuase my car was parked more than 3 hours.

Why not get a travel agent to plan all that???

virgin is killer (from what I've heard on diggnation...) in flight monitors all with satelite TV, XM radio, but best of all is the in seat power for your laptop, the whole cabin has mood lighting, and they play ambient music as you board.

I flew Virgin America last year and absolutely loved it. Prices vary so much between carriers but at the time they were very competitive with everyone else. Only thing was they charged a lot for baggage - though everybody except for Southwest does these days...