Archive error.

Tommy L

Well its not my day today.

Never had this error, dont know how to fix it and Im against the clock....

Trying to archive a file in Max2008. I get a Maxzip warning first (see image) then the text window closes and I get a 'File save error' which says 'File archive failed (code 1)

Any ideas?

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I have this problem archiving 3d max file and i don't know how to fix it. I´m using 3ds Max 2009. When I try to archive I get these messages:

"Archive Failed (Code 18)" and "Could Not Open Filelist File: %s". Can you help me please?

• 9 months later...
getting the same problem please help me out...!! :'(

In my case I had to change all folders in my server (to be archived) with names that had characters not used in english language. For example, I had to change the folder´s name from "produção" to "producao". In this case the problem was "ç" and "~" in folder´s name.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
There is a way out if using 3ds max 2012 and above.. Goto Utilities -> More -> Resource Collector... This will collect all your assets and save if to one single folder...and you can save your .max file separately

i will try that as well, thank you!!

actually i figured it out, the problem was the destination name folder, it wasn't in english... i saved it in "c" partition and it worked perfectly!!!

• 8 months later...

Have had these issues too before...

1.Try making sure there are no spaces in any file names

2. Possible corrupt JPEG header in one of your images

3. Location (for us at least) on a network that the path was missing...so check your file paths and see if any are missing (Shift+t)