How to load an acad.pgp file?

Rafi2007

Hello every one :)

I use AutoCAD 2008 with express

I modified the command file acad.pgp file by adding some new commands on my pc and renamed the file as acad-1.pgp

the question is:

How can I load this file on AutoCAD 2008 on another computer:rolleyes: ? (I found the new file acad-1.pgp and copied it to the new computer)

thanks in advance :p

Rafi

i think it would be easier if you renamed it acad.pgp

if you were worried about overwriting the original, then just rename that one - maybe acadpgp.old

Good idea. We do the same thing.

Based on your post, I am not sure if you know where the files are located. If not, I have something that might help. During the DMVC, I spoke about preparing linework for AutCad. Part of that involved the acad.pgp file and the commands that we typically use and where these files are located (keep in mind that you have to view your hidden files to get to this directory). You can view this info at http://www.3das.com/dmvc07.asp. I hope this helps.

Thank you brianzajac ;), visited the site and it sure include useful info for me,

I want to clarify my problem:

I Know where the file acad-1.pgp is and I can copy it,

the question is: How can I import it or load it on another computer?

After opening AutoCAD I opened: Tools > Options > Files : and searched for the file acad.pgp to change it but it isn't there.

I want to know the way to load the pgp file from within AutoCAD.

may be there is a command like "reinit"!!

Thanks a lot :D

Rafi

Thank you brianzajac ;), visited the site and it sure include useful info for me,

After opening AutoCAD I opened: Tools > Options > Files : and searched for the file acad.pgp to change it but it isn't there.

Rafi

I'm sure there is a way, but we just always copy the acad.pgp file to the new computer and name the existing pgp file acad-old.pgp.

• 1 month later...

Rafi

Rafi,

Have you found a way to load an alternate .pgp from AutoCad yet. I too would love to know how to do this... my wife and I share a computer, and I like to customise my command list, so I'd like to be able switch between two .pgp, rather than have to rename to reload... any I'll keep looking, and if I run across an answer, I'll post it. If you have already stumbled across a solution, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

darby

Rafi,

Have you found a way to load an alternate .pgp from AutoCad yet. I too would love to know how to do this... my wife and I share a computer, and I like to customise my command list, so I'd like to be able switch between two .pgp, rather than have to rename to reload... any I'll keep looking, and if I run across an answer, I'll post it. If you have already stumbled across a solution, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

darby

if you share a computer (just like you might in an office environment) then all you need is a separate login account.

your autocad configuration files (including acad.pgp) are located in your documents and settings, which means you could have two distinct acad.pgp files located in both your individual documents and settings.....

c:\documents and settings\user*\application data\autodesk\......

should work.

curious though - both you and your wife use autocad at home ? that's very romantic.

PRODHAM,

yes, extremely romantic... she's a little more archy and I'm a little more techy when it comes to AutoCAD. I'm always trying to 'fix' her program. We're actually expecting our first child (I'm hoping for something other than an architect, two architects in one home are enough). Thanks for the tip, though, not to be to particular, but I have tried to avoid the separate profile thing, but now that I think about it, that may be the best way, if I can't load my own .pgp. Thanks again.

• 2 years later...

i'm at a new office with a network install of autocad. i don't want to edit the main .pgp file on the server, how do i load my own custom .pgp file from my computer? there are a couple of lisps that load at the beginning when autocad is started, which also loads a couple of shortcut keys that over power the .pgp command list. how do i make my .pgp file the dominant file?

Import your customized .pgp file via options-> profiles tab-> import. After importing, select your named .pgp file and click set current. To get Autocad to remember your profile each time you lauch cad, right click on your Autocad icon and click properties. In the "target" entry field, change the end of the path from the defaul profile to whatever your named profile is... mine looks like this..."C:\Program Files\Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2007\AecBase50.dbx" /p "gary". Your profile name can be whatever you want it to be. It doesnt have to be acad.pgp.

• 2 weeks later...

well what's happening is that the admin has all types of lisp and menu's loading, so even is i were to reference my custom .pgp the lisp and menu's that load with autocad will still overpower my acad.pgp. the only way is to edit the acad.pgp file that is on the server's /support folder, but it alters all the other users on the network. i need to figure out a way to load the .pgp file after everything else has loaded.

another thing i've noticed is that when i want to stretch, i can't use "cross" or "cross poly" selections, but i can use them when i use the Erase command.

• 2 weeks later...