Integration between 3ds max9 an d vue

pradipta

I am using 3dsmax9 and vue 6 xtream. I have some issues with the integration part and it just not working.

1. I made a building (dimension 20*19 meter) in 3dsmax and exported it to vue 6 xtream. The model under vue seems much much bigger than the actual dimension. Its showing as 100 times scaled up in vue even when the unit is same as I used in 3dsmax.

2. Once I export the a max building to vue in 3ds format it losses all the textures applied to it. And in vue I cannt understand how to assign the material again. Is the obj format a better option in bring the max model in vue?

I will appreciate some information on this regard, thanks

There is a scaling problem in Vue, usually you have to export you 3DS and change the scale factor from 1 to 10. It sounds like you have the opposite problem where your model is to big so try reversing your scale factor in vue. It won't matter what format you export in because no materials will be brought into Vue from Max. You have to recreate all your materials and lighting which is another reason why Vue sucks.

yes, vue has its own units who is 1vue units=10cm. i must say it's annoying for those who want to work at real scale like us. The pipeline I found don't correct that but can live with it. Your building stay in max so just make the environment in vue 100x bigger and when you import it in max it will be ok.

I don't know why EOn soft don't make it straight 1:1 units with real scale like any other software.