Sth is wrong with the rendered image

nykegoddess

i posted the results of the gym i was rendering in my previous thread, but i hvnt gotten a reply... i dont know if i am to start a new thread for this or continue there... so when in doubt... do both :">

so the dots r gone, for those not following my saga :-D and here is the new render.. unfortunately, it looks washed out. everything is the same here (render settings) except these few changes:

lanczos filter, size:2

subpixel mapping: on

rQMC noise thresh: 0.01

bright mult: 1

everything else is still the same in the setting below

render-setting.jpg

and here is the render... it looks washed out, please any tips

gym_010-1.jpg

and if i am wrong to post a new thread... am awfully sorry, please dont ban me or sth dreadfull am begining to like it here

It could be this image is looking a bit flat because of the lack of interior light. If you look at the amount of ceiling fixtures you have, I would guess there would be more light being bounced around. However, they don't appear to be even on. Plus you are missing some core shadows to help ground some of your objects. If you look at where the support post meets the ground and where one of the barbell stands sits on the ground, there are no contact shadows there. Both of these pieces appear to be floating in the air. Where the incline bench is, there is only one directional shadow. In a gym like this with so many ceiling lights I would guess there would be many shadows in many directions.

However in the far background of your image, it does appear that at least one of the ceiling fixtures is on, and it's looking pretty good back there. You are getting some nice light cast on the walls, etc. But if you look at the feet of the elliptical machine underneath that light, there is no grounding shadow.

If all else fails, you can always adjust it in post rather than beat your head against a wall.

thanks velvetelvis... i will look at my lights and make sure all of them are casting shadows. al the lights r turned on, i did cheat a lil, it was too bright and i cheated and turn down the bright mult instead of tweaking the individual lights. here is an image before i turned on all the lights and increased the multiplier.

the shadows r sharper, but the image just wasnt bright enough

gym.jpg

thank you so much velvetelvis for your help