Rendering Elements without rendering complete frame

tonina

----------------------------------------------------------------

SHORT TITLE FOR SUGGESTION/BUG/ENHANCEMENT REQUEST

----------------------------------------------------------------

Rendering Elements without rendering complete frame.

---------------------------------------------------------------

DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF YOUR REQUEST

3ds Max should allow us to render only the element (zdepth, reflection, refraction, etc.) we need, just do the calculations for the specific element and don't make us wait for the entire render again.

WHY THIS REQUEST IS IMPORTANT TO YOU

When you render one or more elements, a normal complete rendering is also generated. In fact, the element renderings are generated during the same rendering pass, so rendering elements costs little extra render time.

If I need a change inside a specific element, I must render EVERYTHING again, lost time. Imagine how it works for changes in videos passes :mad:.

• 5 months later...

I'm affraid render elements without full render is impossible. To extract certain element for example reflections the program must first calculate where these reflections will apear through calculating overall lighting, shadows, and so on aka "beauty pass". The rendering engine can't just guess where information for the render element will appear without first calculating these beforehand. It's like telling where your car keys are in a dark room without switching on the lights. :)

Edited by A.Mitov

• 1 month later...
I'm affraid render elements without full render is impossible. To extract certain element for example reflections the program must first calculate ..... :)

Yes, for the reflections what you say is correct but for Alfa , Z buffer, G buffer, Velocity, Material ID, Object ID it is not impossible .That future would be very useful.