People in timelapse

david.jones

Hi,

I am trying to set up a time lapse animation for a current school animation project, and its looks great, but i need to populate it with some movement.

I cannot think how to create randomly generated people locations to give that feel that you get from real timelapse photography.

Each frame accounts for about 2 mins so an actual walk acros the scene would not show as actual movement.

Any ideas how to do this?

Im sure theres some really nifty expensive crowd plugin that will do exactaly what you are looking for. Not having an expensive plugin, however, I would probably try and figure something out with either just keyframing your people moving around (without any walk cycles or anything obviously), or using the Biped Crowd feature. Since Ive never used biped, I would probably start with option 1

If one frame is 2 mins, then you could probably just animate somebody moving across your scene over 1 or 2 frames. It would be tedious work, but once you got 10 or so people animated, you could copy and move them all over your scene to get the crowd effect. Id me interested to hear if anybody else knows a good way to do it.