Transforming vertices

We're using 64 bit Max 9 with Vray 1.5.

A couple of us in the company are having problems with Max freezing during the rendering process. When we click render one of the first process' is 'transforming vertices'. The whole application often freezes at this point. The only way out is ending the process in task manager. Its been happening on several different projects.

I'd like to hear from anyone else who's had this same problem. have you found an issue that causes it? Is it a Max 9 thing, is it fixed in Max 2008? Any info is helpful.

Thanks

• 8 months later...

Hi, while I see that this has been posted some time ago im currently having the same exact problem. I am too using vra 1.5/max 9 64x with 6gb ram, tried checking the "dynamic" option in the systems tab. I let the stalled render just sit there and after about 5 minutes of being in a none responsive state it just starts rendering, now the render itself takes just a few minutes but right before the last bucket finishes rendering it stalls there for another 5 minutes like its loading and unloading the scene. I was xrefing some objects, tried merging them to the scene, still the same. I am also using a lot of vray proxies too.

anyone had this problem before???

thanks

• 11 months later...

I realize this is an old thread but I found it when I was having this same problem. (Max 2009 + Vray 1.5 SP3A). I fixed the problem without changing any geometry. I wish I knew what I did to fix it but I don't!:confused: I do know that I changed a bunch of render settings and when I hit render, there was no problem whatsoever. So just a heads up--it may not be your geometry it may be your render settings.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a scene with 1.4 mil polys and Im rendering with VRay. The first step in the rendering process is "Transforming Vertices". This step takes about 10 mins before moving to the next, and I can't cancel while it's transforming vertices. Now I have had scenes with this many polys before but it usually doesn't take that long to complete this step. Is it a memory issue? How can I optimize this step???

Thanks

Forex Automatic Trading

Edited by dannydesil

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...