Ghosting Image

pwharton

The attached image is a revised image I am working on. I have moved the lights in the ceiling and when I render a new solution I get a ghost of the where the lights use to be. This Image is done in Viz 2008 and rendered with Mental render. Global Illumination is on and Final Gather is on and set to Low, the finish on the ceiling is an architectural material set to "paint semi-gloss"'Can anybody tell me whats going on?

If you move lights and or objects and dont delete and recreate the FG and photon solotions, then you will get artifacting. This is due to the lack of fg/p samples or the shadowed samples from the old solution.

There are certain situations where you can get away without deleting/recreating the solution but its not a good idea

jhv

Justin,

I am using the brush metal in the A&D Palette. i have been trying for awhile to get it to look more like brush and get rid of the bumps. I had looked at modifing the maps in the preset, but I'll look at it again and try a noise map.

Thank for the tip

• 3 weeks later...

OK,

Go it to look more like brushed metal but now I have these dark black areas on the hood. I have adjusted the light added more GI samples, and more Final points. I’ve know I’ve got tweak the maps on the mixer and kettle but the black area are just glaring at me. What am I missing or doing wrong?

I have figured out what the problem was with the file. When I upgraded the arch+Design brushed metal finish it became more reflective and it was reflecting the black floor mat, so I moved the matt. Comments on the finished image welcomed.