Problems with my Computer

I purchased a new computer from Dell a Precision 390 last year and it was fine up to a point with the exceptions of the of the fact that Viz 2008 Icons in explorer would not show up as thumbnails. The other problem I was having was the rendered images looked fine in Viz but where way to dark when I viewed the saved image in explorer.

I contacted dell and after going back and forth with them they did not seem to know what the problem could be. So I bought a “Spyder” Monitor calibration device to correct the color and brightness which worked great. But now I have disappearing floating menus in Viz. Dell was no good at helping, Nvidia wouldn’t help because I didn’t buy the card from them it came with the computer so they referred me back to dell. I am hoping that some of you can help me figure out what the problem may be.

The attached image show problems I am having in Viz and in Windows explorer. In explorer I have it set to show Thumbnails of all Images.

The Computer is a Dell a Precision 390 running Windows XP Pro 266Ghz, dual core with 4Gb of Ram. The Video card is a Quadro FX From nvidia.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

hi,

im no expert in hardware but it looks like you have a graphics card problem. next to that u might wanna check if you have the right directx drivers installed. im an ATI/Max man so im not sure bout nvidia/VIS but you can go to their site and try and download the latest directx drivers for your graphics card. the directx drivers/directx that came with my card were a bit outdated (not by much) and i d/l and installed the latest ones from the site. last option would be to install your applications again...one by one and check where the problem lies. hope this helps.

I'll check on the updated drivers. as for the display in Explorer when I had Viz On my old machine I got a graphic repetition of the view port I last worked in. Why the same thing it does not work on the new machine is a problem for me. But I’ll lookat reloading and the graphics card drivers.

Thanks