Way cool automatic video making site!!

alias_marks

Holy! its a seriously cool site. I must try it. Thanks!

edit:

from the animoto term of services: You may share your Animoto Videos hosted on the website by using Animoto's video player code to play your video in your own personal website or web page . The Animoto Videos may only be used for personal, non-commercial, uses. You agree that you will not modify the video player code in any way, nor will you modify the display of your Animoto Video.

can we use it commercialy?

If you look at everyones attempts they all look the same...Its applying the same gimmicky effects to each project. If too many people use it as well then it will become easily recognisable as an Animoto edit, which will devalue it. There's no such thing as a free lunch!

Fun though (and for ten minutes input it could be a lifesaving fix for some situations!)

Also, to charge for it would be fraudulent...

If you look at everyones attempts they all look the same...Its applying the same gimmicky effects to each project. ..

True, but for the time you spend on it compared to the time you'd have to spend in Premiere to get the same thing you can't beat it. This is only the beta version, I'm sure as it matures you'll be able to customize it with different themes so you can create different looks. I think it is a wonderful little tool.

...time you spend on it compared to the time you'd have to spend in Premiere to get the same thing you can't beat it.

It seems to have ALOT of potential...

On the upside, I can spend hours tweeking Premiere, why not let algorithms do it in seconds!

On the downside, will we be seeing a whole new generation of Neoscape wannabe's?

Can true editing talent be reduced to code?

On the downside, will we be seeing a whole new generation of Neoscape wannabe's?

I see it as a positive because most of us have limited manpower and time compared to companies like Neoscape, with software like this we can produce similar work without investing the time and money to do it.

I see it as a positive because most of us have limited manpower and time compared to companies like Neoscape, with software like this we can produce similar work without investing the time and money to do it.

And so will all your competition as well. It was fun to play with, but the more I think about it the more I have to agree with Claudio. If things in this business are made so easily, believe me it won't be long, when everybody and thier mother will be in this field

I understand what your saying, but it's really no different than the music making programs like Sonic Fire or the pre made video clips you can buy from Digital Juice, it's all meant to give you the feel of professionalism without having to spend the time doing it. It's definitely not something to use on every project but it could be a nice addition when you need it.

I always worry about the future

3D modelling and rendering is not like barrel making or some other ancient craft like painting (!), we might be the transitional phase between painting by hand and computers doing it for us (without us)...!

(And we'll all be driving hover cars and eating burger & chips (fries) pills instead of lunch)...!

fun....... but it is what is. It's a plug and play nothing more.....and should be taken as such. Scripting / algorithms are powerful tools, but, thats what it is a tool. Not an artist.

The future, what's to worry about......It's gonna be what it is.

3D modelling and rendering is not like barrel making or some other ancient craft like painting (!), we might be the transitional phase between painting by hand and computers doing it for us (without us)...

This has been talked about for as long as I've been in the business (9 years) and it hasn't happened yet. At some point computers will become fast enough that a one button render engine will naturally come into being, but it's not going to happen over night we'll have plenty of warning. At that point there will probably be other avenues of work that we could move into like virtual reality simulations for architecture.

This has been talked about for as long as I've been in the business (9 years) and it hasn't happened yet. At some point computers will become fast enough that a one button render engine will naturally come into being, but it's not going to happen over night we'll have plenty of warning. At that point there will probably be other avenues of work that we could move into like virtual reality simulations for architecture.

nicely put.