i'm stuck - is this possible

Dave Buckley

hi guys

first time i've ever been asked to do this and i don't have a clue if its even possible

i've been asked by a customer if its possible to build a dynamic simulation in Autodesk Inventor and then import the model along with its dynamic simulation animation into max to apply materials and render out a high quality animation

Can this be done

don't mean to sound arrogant or patronising but i am aware that dynamic simulation can be done in Inventor, i already have the inventor file with the dynamic simulation.

now what i am having trouble with is getting the inventor file across to 3ds max, and then i need it open in max still with its animation so that when i hit play on the timeline in 3ds max, the animation still works

Sorry about that...I think I only addressed part of your post. Perhaps this will help with the rest of it:

http://www.okino.com/

From their site:

This native Autodesk Inventor support in Okino's products will provide great benefits to all Autodesk Inventor users (see longer benefit lists below). No longer will you be dependent upon Inventor for 3D rendering, animation or data translation; rather, assemblies can now easily be exported through this converter pipeline to Okino software for the viewing/composition/creation of photo-realistic imagery, as well as 3D scene data optimization and reduction, or the re-export and re-purposing of the Inventor data to dozens of major 3D file formats.