Maxwell won't render some models!

trcsilva

Hi there. I am using Maxwell to render a building interior. All worked perfectly, until I get a more detailed version of the building.

With this new version, Maxwell simply won't render at all... it gets stuck when reading the MSX information, right in the beginning, when it opens the "Maxwell render" window.

I am using 3DS Max's Standard material, and the model itself has only 5 mega. The Maxwell version is the 1.6.6.

Do you know what's happening? I mean, I can render the same mesh in the same conditions with both Vray and Brazil r/s...

Has Maxwell some restrictions to the type of mesh it can render?

Any help is very welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Tiago

I switched all materials by a Maxwell material, and I still get stuck when reading the MXS info...

It's not my PC, because I've tested it in two different ones, and I'm sure it's not a problem in the model, since I can render it with both Brazil r/s and Vray...

I can also render each layer separately with Maxell, but not more than two layers at the same time (I tried to put the entire model in a single layer, but it didn't work either)...

So it must be some peculiarity with Maxwell and the type of meshes it can render...

Any other idea?

Thx in advance