Student project in Milan

joed200

Hi guys,

I am working on a project for my final year architecture degree and would appreciate your comments on how to improve my scene. I am not yet at the stage of any post production in which i will be adding environment eg. sky and buildings.

My software is 3dsmax 9 and Vray 1.5

Thanks,

Joe

hi joe thanks for your feedback on my image its very helpful.

first of all very nice image especially for not having gone through post production. i really like the design it reminds me of my favourite part of the new museum of scotland in edinburgh.

in terms of the image the only real thing that jumps out at me is i really want to see a little bit more of whats happening on the left hand side so perhaps just making the image a little wider at least to stop the door on the bridge below from being cut off. also it looks like the bridge leading to this door and the one at the other bridge with the red balaustrade have stairs on them but they don't read very clearly so you might want to look at them. lastly it looks like its not quite at human scale this would prob cut off part of the lowest bridge (with the glass balaustrade) but i think it would prob help it look like a real picture.

all and all i'm liking it tho looking forward t seeing ur updates especially other areas of your design.

i've put in two images of the museum area i was talking about their not the best photographs but its quite a hard space to capture well cos its so narrow.

thanks for the reply. I see what you mean about the resemblance.

Your right about the camera angle I was trying to get more in but I agree it does look odd.

I’ve not yet decided on a material for the stairs so as yet they are just default grey.

I’ve attached some older images so you get the idea of the scope of the project.

Again any crits would be welcome.

i like your design. great rendering, but the UVmap on the interior shot of the dining room needs some work. it looks like the parts of the wall where you have the openings were not mapped properly, or was it intended so?