Tiles Glass

Hi all,

I was trying to make glazing on a flat surface so I took the tiles map in the diffuse slot of A+D mi. Giving a thought that In the tiles grid one can be black lines to make the grid and the main component I will add a glass lume to make it a glass in between that grid.

but i m not getting proper result from it i.e. the whole surface gets white.

it renders purely white. :confused:

I am using it with mr sun and sky

photographic exposure.

Another thing is I was first time playing with the lume shaders that too without any studies on it. :o

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for the reply

what i have done is taken a tiles map in the diffuse slot.

made the grout color black and the second color of the slot of the tiles i have taken the glass lume shader.

the issue is while rendering it gets full white no tiles grid i.e. grout nor the glass lume effext is coming.

I have checked the UVW mapping and the tile size again it is coming right.

if i render the same without GLASS Lume in the second slot and make it some color it comes out right but on adding glass lume my problem starts. :confused:

Thanks again for your concern but I will take a few more time of yours for the same problem.

the issue is while rendering it gets full white no tiles grid i.e. grout nor the glass lume effext is coming.

I have checked the UVW mapping and the tile size again it is coming right.

if i render the same without GLASS Lume in the second slot and make it some color it comes out right but on adding glass lume my problem starts. :confused:

I understand your setup, you've placed a tile map in the diffuse slot of an A&D material. Then inside that tile map you've used a glass(lume) shader. You can't/shouldn't do that.

The A&D material is doing it's own raytracing, then your glass(lume) shader is also raytracing/refracting inside the A&D material...not good. Not to mention the fact that because the glass(lume) shader is inside the A&D material it's being multiplied by the lighting in the scene...which if it's the mrSun/mrSky that's why your object turns white/overbright.

Again, there are a few ways to do what you want...Personally I would do this:

1. Make a grout material. (A&D material 1)

2. Make a glass material (A&D material 2)

3. Place them inside a blend map

4. Assign a tile map to the blend map as the mask.

As I understand it, Jeff understands it :)

The problem appears to be that you're sticking the Lume shader where it's not meant to be used. Instead make a Blend material and make one slot in the blend an A&D thin glass, and the other the mullion material. Make the mask a Tile (set the colors to pure white and black) and set UVW Mapping on the object.