trying to get an effect, and failing terribly

xeunox

i'm trying to get this light effect "neon" but i'm having great difficulty, i have tried all sorts of lights, but the all create bad artifacts, this is my best attempt yet, using a vraylight material, but the light still doesn't spread evenly, any suggestions would be welcome. also i get a wierd error on my vray render log, saying that my floor material's bump is invalid.

"warning: Invalid bump basis (XYZ -1.#QNAN,-1.#QNAN,-1.#QNAN)."

"warning: Texture "Map#13" returned an invalid bump normal (XYZ -1.#QNAN,-1.#QNAN,-1.#QNAN)."

i have used vray lights, and the produce crazy artifacts on the surface of the ceiling, near the camera its fine, but the further away from the camera the light just looses the consistancy and goes all over the ceiling

i dont know why

Hi there,

it looks like you dont have enough subdivisions for you render. the image is having light leakages. my test renders would be along the lines of IR = very low, 40,30 for the subd settings, secondary light cache at about 400. and also increase the individual subd for your lights. If ure using physical camera i would normally put the f-stop at 4 or 2. turn off default lighting in one of the top rollouts in vray as well. Oh yes, and i also always use the color correction tool in the vray frame buffer to add brightness and also contrast. You have not posted ure settings so im not really sure what it is that you have done with them so far...so this is just some of the things you can do.