BackBurner Error

blowback

Hello,

I am getting this error message with my second pass.

"error loading strip" Does anyone know what this is or how to fix it?

I am rendering out a 6500 x 5200 pix image in strips and I wanted to include a reflection map and z-depth. I am rendering to exr format. The rgb pass finishes and the render just stalls. Strips not stitched back together, job not completed, error message?

Thanks Maxer,

Can I do that if this is the only 64bit machine in the office? I tyhought there was 32 - 64 issues.

I am getting soooo fustrated. I guess this leads me to the bigger question. Why is MAX craching. My settings are not that high, 1 light, some trees and cars...all proxied... I will post this elswere but....how does everyone else reneder lrg format. 6500 pix + ? What am I doing wrong?:(

We get that a lot actually, its pretty much a memory issue involved with loading LARGE images back for stitching. Its pretty annoying.

tend to just do them in photoshop when that starts to happen truthfully. Otherwise assign it to a 64bit machine, or a /3GB switched machine.

I sort of figured it out. It won't load the strips so it can stich it back together? Why.....that I don't know...aahhh

Are you sure it's not a naming problem? Check what Backburner is telling you that it's trying to stitch together, then compare those names with the actual strip filenames and see if something just got named incorrectly. I know that there used to be an issue with names that ended in "0000"; if you assigned "000" to the end of your file name upon submission, the strips could get appended with too many "zero's" and the stitching portion would be looking for names of files that didn't exist.

Are you sure it's not a naming problem? Check what Backburner is telling you that it's trying to stitch together, then compare those names with the actual strip filenames and see if something just got named incorrectly. I know that there used to be an issue with names that ended in "0000"; if you assigned "000" to the end of your file name upon submission, the strips could get appended with too many "zero's" and the stitching portion would be looking for names of files that didn't exist.

thanks man,

I am going to look at that.

I get this problem all the time. It's very frustrating. The only common denominator I seem to have found is if the file names are long (not including the 0000 as mentioned before) then backburner sometimes has trouble stitching them. Of course, sometimes it does stitch them... :rolleyes:

Anyway, sorry I can't be of more help.

Alternatively, if you are rendering with Vray, try distributed rendering, but please don't ask me how to set this up for the first time, otherwise I might start to cry. Google it. The Vray help files in this area are less than useless.