Vray Failed to innitialize Dll's

johnbeyer

Hello, I'm kinda new to Vray. I have 1.50. All the plugins are loaded in the correct libary. when i start up 3ds Max it gives errors;

Failed to initialize module : Vrayplane.dll

VrayPshychcam.dll

Vrayfur.dll

VrayDome.dll

and some more..

But when i click on ok at all of them, 3ds max loads fine and i am even able to use some components of Vray. i can render with it it and it looks very nice. Vray material works, Vray light works, but I don't see any other Vray thing or buttons around. What did i do wrong?.

Some pictures i am working on.. I'm very noobish, sorry

Edit :

Also , I have such hard times creating realistic light. do they make realistic scenes with Global Illumination?

Help would be so regarded.

aha.jpg

glass.jpg

John Beijer

Edited by johnbeyer

Thanks both of you. And yes, my ini file does show the paths correctly. Hm.. I will see if i can get that dvd but dunno if my dad wants to pay for a thing he might find worthless buying. Do one of you have any realisticly lightened scene i might use ?

Thanks alot :)

John

Hi, all i see is this

;=;

[Help]

mental ray 3.6 Reference=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2008\help\mr_reference.chm

[Directories]

V-Ray additional plug-ins=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2008\plugins\vrayplugins

V-Ray main plug-ins=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2008\plugins

V-Ray additional plug-ins folder must be last. So change that ini to look like this.

;=;

[Help]

mental ray 3.6 Reference=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2008\help\mr_reference.chm

[Directories]

V-Ray main plug-ins=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2008\plugins

V-Ray additional plug-ins=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2008\plugins\vrayplugins

• 2 weeks later...

hi Timbur!

i seem to have the same problem...itried everything you said but it still doesnt seem to work! >

im on windos vista and i installed 3dsmax 2009 and it works fine..

i tried to install vray render but it reports errors during the installation so i installed manually by extracting the dlls in an other folder and afterward copying the into 3dsmax files...

i chacked the plugins ini file and the paths are correct..

but every time i start vista i get the error message that the vrender60.dlr its ton intialised

i attached screencaps

i checked the plugin folder and the dlr exists...dunno what to do im desperate! thanx for your help :D

• 9 months later...
Thanks for the solution...

Then what to do with missing dlls - rpc.dlo.

could any body help

Hi!

If I remember correctly, rpc.dll error comes if you have rpc objects in your scene, but you don't have those plugins installed... So if you dont need those rpc objects just delete them and save your scene. And if you need those, you should check http://www.archvision.com/