Vray reflection

leoviale

Hi, im working on an exterior scene. im going to bake the whole scene, but there are two issues. One problem is that some of my materials (such as metal) I need a more accurate reflection on each object. Is there a way to export a specific reflection from the object?

The second issue is when i bake the floor, all my shadows are baked, and I dont know how to make moving objects shadows overlap seamslessly with existing baked shadows, and so that they project exactly where the baked shadows end.

Thanks.

To solve shadows arrangement, change de BIAS in shadows option, it is 0.02 by default, use 0.0

I dont understand exactly what you mean with "Is there a way to export a specific reflection from the object?" but almost always reflection issues are about ENVIRONMENT..... HDRIs help a lot with reflections, or having things aroud to be reflected......

Ok, here r some examples:

this is the viewport view

viewportvq3.jpg

and this is the render:

renderyz8.jpg

What i was trying to say is for example, in the viewport, as u can see, there r lots of objects, it's not baked yet, the render is all made with vray, im going to bake all the diffuse maps, shadows, GI, and all that stuff, but the reflections, as i move the camera, the reflection of the objects change with according to the camera angle. So, my issue is, if there is a way to export the reflection of some especific objects. As u can see in this image, the grey "aluminium" metal reflects the rings next to it, and so on with the other object. I want to somehow export the reflection, to some bitmap, so i can assign it later when i bake the object. Is there a way to do that? I try to do that, but i couldn't get the same result as the render. One way i find to do some approximation is to create a camera where the whole group of objects are, and do a panorama export, and then save the panorama as spherical map, and assign it to the reflection slot. But, that way is not accurated, and doesn't have the specific reflection of the object, as u can see in the yellow texts that i add into the render image before.

Well, i hope i could explain my problem right and you guys can understand.

Thanks.

Edited by leoviale

I want to export the objects reflection map, so when i bake the objects, creating a standart material i can apply it in the reflection slot later, and i can add the baking textures, as diffuse, and this reflection map im talking about, in the reflection slot, but, if i bake the reflections of the object, when i assign that map, those reflection looks "static" so, i need some reflections from the point of view of the object, that, when i move the camera, it reflects as it would do in the vray animation. So i think i would need some spherical map exported from the object i need, or something like that.

• 2 months later...
I want to export the objects reflection map, so when i bake the objects, creating a standart material i can apply it in the reflection slot later, and i can add the baking textures, as diffuse, and this reflection map im talking about, in the reflection slot, but, if i bake the reflections of the object, when i assign that map, those reflection looks "static" so, i need some reflections from the point of view of the object, that, when i move the camera, it reflects as it would do in the vray animation. So i think i would need some spherical map exported from the object i need, or something like that.

Well, i think you are talking about "dynamic bake texture", but i don't know whether this dynamic bake texture exist or haven't been invent yet. as i know, all the baked texture are static. all textures can be static, except reflection. i with i can help.

So you answered yourself. Make speric camera and make a render. This kind of things good only for blurred reflections. This technique used in Renderman to render faster. For non blurred reflections check realtime tracing in the DirectX or game engines.

Yeah, i imagined that, i always did the spherical camera stuff where I wanted to get reflections, but i was wondering if there was any other more specific solution, so i can give my baked standard scene more realism. But this way is still nice. Well, thank u guys.