Site plan render ??

Froggy

Hi everybody,

I have to work on a project who mix building and site plan. The building will be in 3d but I would like to keep the site plan really simple and flat. I try to import from .dwg on 3ds max 2009 and apply a rendering option on the line with a little amount of thickness. But 3ds max 2009 crash (I think the file is to big). I try through the materials with a .jpg of the site plan but the resolution is really bad. So if someone could give me the trick ?? :confused:

Thx in advance.

why not make a huge jpg of the site plan in autocad/photoshop, then assign this images as a material on a plain.

there's a tutorial in the hints/tips forum i posted a couple years ago that allows you to go from autocad to photoshop via the EPS route. it's a fantastic way of getting a really big crisp and clear good res image of your autocad drawings.

Work great. I was owned because of the display of texture on my perspective view !!!

Do you know How to get a better display of texture with High resolution ??

Not really easy to model on top of it !!

THX

customize>preferences>viewports>configure driver.

raise your "download texture size" to 1024, and make sure to tick the "match bitmap size as closely as possible" underneath. Hit Ok.

Find your bitmap in your material editor, and hit "reload" underneath the bitmap name.

Now your bitmap should be crystal clear in your viewport. :)