book recommendations wanted

ShaMan2

Greetings, photochoppers! I would like to your opinion of books that give a comprehensive look at PhotoshopCS. This is the first edition of Photoshop for us, so we need to know more than just "what's new." I'm looking for some good tutorials as well as a reference.

What do you think of stuff done by the "Adobe Creative Team?"

--Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I've read plenty of books on photoshop and recommend but one publisher for what you need (for now): www.newriders.com

If you need more than regular info and thus would like to have a good understanding of PS, check out the INSIDE PS book... Those are really good (I've read ps4, ps5)

The PS Magic-series is probably beyond your scope as this serie is more regular tutorial-like... (not good imho)

If you want more on color correction, check out the book by Dan Margulis (PS Color Correction Guide)

Interesting books are the books from Ben Monroy as these focus on PS in a more painterly style...

A VERY BAD BOOK is creative thinking in PS: DON'T BUY IT!

rgds

nisus

You could take a look at http://www.computerarts.co.uk for recommendations and ratings. They have a superb Special Issue(s) that are all about one thing - like PShop, Illustrator, etc. If you can find one, I'd suggest buying it. They'll take you from a blank page to a beautiful piece of work (not necessarily arch viz, but really helpful, I think). It may be tough to find one, as they sell out quickly.

Their reviews should be pretty good.

Amazons reader's reviews have always been spot on for me, too.