Any tips for getting RPC ppl walking properly??

Guest marcusl

Guest marcusl

Ok - I've dl the demo and the walking demo (Penny) from RPCNet.com...I've followed the tips from there to get them following and for editing the spline etc...but no matter what i do i can not get her to walk properly, she just seems to walk on the spot.

I've changed the length of the animation which changes how far she moves along the spline, but it still looks like she's walking on a moving sidewalk.

When i scrub the slider she appears to move along the spline.

When i lengthen the spline nothing appears to change in the animation no matter how long or short i make the spline.

Nothing seems to change the rate of speed with which she moves along the spline - which seems to me to be the problem?? Am i missing something??!! :rolleyes:

I've only just discovered this site and am very excited by the topics discussed - just what I've been looking for biggrin2.gif . Through here i discovered these wonderful (although bloody expensive)RPCs and am stoked to find that i can finally say to the client that asks for 'real' people interacting with the scenes....sure no probs!! (if only i could get them working)

Any helps or tips i would greatly appreciate!!

Thanks Marcus

[ July 25, 2002, 07:17 PM: Message edited by: marcusl ]

hi marcusl

i've used penny before in an anim i've done, but i cant remember exactly how i did it.

i must say tho i do remember it was fairly simple. just a bit of experimenting with the length of the walk spline - sounds like yours is way too long for the animation time if it looks like she's sliding. i stuck to 25 fps and adjusting the spline length till she looked like she was walking and not sliding.

sorry i cant be more help.