Interior scenes?

Cesar R

Where can I find tutorial on setting up interior scenes using V-ray or Brazil? I have tried both engines and I get really good exterior results, but when it comes to interiors and i set up an exterior light to light up and space though a window or so, I dont get light into the space at all.

thanks -)

Hi Cesar R ,

Had the same issue with final render. I think all these GI renderers have the same problems..

And in all instances where I have seen an interior shot .. it has been faked in some way .. with a completely unrealistic light scheme.

So I will give you the tricks I did for the image below if you want, I will post it maybe tomorrow

after I produce a couple of sketches and touchups to the image and I will also post some simple light studies I did with final-render to teach me how the light works in MAX + Final render, and maybe you could do the same for vray or brazil.

So here is the interior shot.. you can also visit my website to see more shots. at different angles with the same lighting scheme.

btw: This is a reproduction of a real house, as you will see for yourself, and so if the lighting is not as clear as you would want it, it is a recreation of the existing lighting. So for you to get what you want, it will be up to you to work that out, as this is only meant to be used as a guide.

fRHouseLR_Full_small.JPG

nichchris

Hi Cesar if you want to know how to set-up exterior/interior lighting with vray go to their forum, image upload page and you will see a lot of images posted and those people are very generous to share their settings too.

Regards