DR problem using imported Revit geometry

Tommy L

I have a DR problem using imported Revit Geometry. I have pretty much left the revit geometry alone, just changed the materials it came in with so they all vray materials. My nodes fail "Warning: rendernode not respoding" in the vray log.

Anyone else had this problem?

Tom.

I don't have an answer, but how did you import the Revit geometry? It is typically slow geometry in general, I don't have all of the technical reasons why though. One potential solution that someone on the Vray message board posted, though I haven't tried it myself yet. Import the Revit geometry via DWG, then export it from Max to a DWG, then re-import it to Max as a DWG.

Thanks chg, I'll give it a try.

To be honest, the file is behaving a helluva lot better than last time I had to use Revit stuff. Aside from having about a billion objects and coming in via the acad filelink at the wrong scale (my fault) and the vray file-converter not working and the max file being 500mb and everything being randomly instanced, its been fairly painless.

Last time it just didnt work, period.

I haven't tried the nPower translator software between Revit and Max yet, but I plan to give that a try also.

I used FBX this last time, but it doesn't appear to make the geometry anymore light weight, and I would rather than geometry be lightweight than for the file to keep the material, IES, etc.. info from Revit.

Anyway, if you have access to the Vray forum, this thread may be of use.

http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=42868&highlight=importing+revit+geometry