AHow to use Alphamaps in Maxwell Render

tombombl

At first I want to say hello,

I´m from Germany und my English is not as good as it could be. So I hope, you´ll forgive me my mistakes.

I have a question. I build an objekt in Cinema 4D 10.5 and tried to texture it with maxwell-materials. But I´ve got some Problems with alphamaps. For example I want to put an different Logos on an rubber-texture. My plan was to overlay three textures. The ground(rubber)-material, than I want to put the logotexture witth a new Material over the groundmaterial. But when I start the Maxwell render it renders only the rubbermap. Has someone an idea, how I can do it?

Thanks,

Tomboml

It's very simple: Use weightmaps in the weightmap slot for each layer. You will need three layers, one for each kind of texture. The wheightmap must be a black/white map where the white parts define where the layer is visible.

With this method you can combine an infinite number of materials in Maxwell.

KurtS

In this way, I get one Material with a Layer for the ground-texture and another for the logo, is that right? But thats not what I want. I want to use different materials, so I can move the logo on different parts of the objekt.

Have a look on the objekt, I´m working with: (I send you a picture per mail, hope it works, because I´m not able to post a link.)

There is a metalic button with a red line On the original you can see, there are some symbols on it. I jolted the metal-material to get the actual look. And now I need a new texture for symbols to lay it over the metal, but i won´t work. I don´t now what´s wrong.

Generally I think its more comfortable if you can overlay different materials.

In this way, I get one Material with a Layer for the ground-texture and another for the logo, is that right? But thats not what I want. I want to use different materials, so I can move the logo on different parts of the objekt.

Have a look on the objekt, I´m working with: (I send you a picture per mail, hope it works, because I´m not able to post a link.)

There is a metalic button with a red line On the original you can see, there are some symbols on it. I jolted the metal-material to get the actual look. And now I need a new texture for symbols to lay it over the metal, but i won´t work. I don´t now what´s wrong.

Generally I think its more comfortable if you can overlay different materials.

Hi,

If you want to move the logo around, then wheightmaps might not be the best way to work after all. I guess the easiest way to do this would be to duplicate the surface/element and move the copy just an infinit small distanse above the original. Then apply the logo to this copy using a ghost layer (invisible) for the part outside the logo. Use a weightmap for the logo and inverted for the ghostlayer. The ghostlayer is just a normal layer with attenuation= white and nd=1. It gets invisible. Now move or rotate the U/V for this element to move the logo around on the surface.