First Vray Interior - Comments welcome

AFK_Matrix

Hi,

Ok this is my first attempt at doing a Vray render and it is of my Bathroom. I am producing this as I have an interview on Tuesday for an interiors company and they wanted to see an image of an interior as I have only done exterior shots.

So please do comment and make any suggestions to improve the image. I have used free 3D models for the Bath, Sink and Toilet to save time but will be going back to model my own. For the lighting all I have used is a Vray sun for the exterior light and a Vray plane light for the interior light. The cameras are the normal max ones.

About the only thing I am not happy/sure about are the camera angles, I have applied the camera correction modifier to straighten the images but something doesn't feel right, any advice?

It's looking good. I don't own Vray but the lens is too distorted imo. It looks like you're using a wide angle to get more of the room in? I think I would do less of the room in each shot and more shots perhaps. You might also add some lights by turning on the ceiling lights or a sconce with incandescent light to warm up the mood a bit. Keep going and good luck!

Edited by innerdream

random comments:

* Agree with too-wide-angle of a lens - maybe try view clipping? or remove a wall or make a wall non-renderable to get a good shot

* noise on the tile texture

* nice frosted glass effect in the window

* a bit dark - now that you have the external light pretty well sorted, I'd turn on some interior lights

Thanks for your comments guys, will play with the camera views tonight and see what I can do.

I will also lighten the scene a bit, I was hoping to do all natural lighting for the bathroom as during the day you don't need lights on in the bathroom because of the natural light. Will see what I can do.

Sorry SandmanNinja I must be going a bit blind but could you highlight where the noise is on the tiles please?

And the glass was very easy to do, all I did was apply a noise modifier to the glass.