hello everyone...

i just wanted to ask how many of u overclock their systems, and whitch parts u mostly overclock, and if you do is overclocked consytantly or is it just for rendering some image?

cause personaly have never donne it myself...so just wandering is it just me or overcklocking is just for gamers and overclockers (ppl who overcklock their systems just as a sport)

labas...labas

We do overclocking in our studio as we find the need constantly for things to go faster. We have dual quads that we buy and put together ourselves. Standard machine comes Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz and we safely overclock that to 3.2GHZ. Now bearing in mind that not possible to overclock every machine and you should read up on the internet which motherboards are the best for that. There is plenty information on the net on that. Also important is cooling... Initially we were using something like eight fans to cool down the beast and it sounded rather loud i might say but these days we watercool the system and even though it is more expensive it is definitely the way to go. Things to remember is not to get over excited and not push your machine more than it can handle as it rather easy to fry the thing but once you get the taste for it you'll always want to do it...

Best of luck and let me know how that works out for you...

i've got q9550 and mobo asus striker extreme II whitch is told t o be the mother of overclocking on the market, air cooled by Zalman CPU COOLER S775/AM2/754/939/940 .....but i know that it's very easy to fry your machine......so i'm terified even thinking about it .....cause i just bought the damn thing (new pc) and it would be a REAL shame and pain to fry it. but maybe when i realy read into it, one day i'll do some overclocking myself

1st off...overclocking in never guaranteed, no matter what products you buy.

2nd I overclock all my PCs and run them that way all the time....the increase in clock frequency is great.

3rd if you want to overclock, I would suggest googling your model of mobo and cpu and see what it comes up with

4th i would really suggest going to sites such as www.ocforums.com and www.xtremesystems.org for overclocking questions, how-to's, help from other overclocking people and general results of other peoples rig.

Good luck.

BTW, I think Andrew was basically saying, don't jump into the deep end of the pool with no life jacket if you can't swim.----that make sense?