suggestions for 3ds max books?

Guest dec

im a maya user switching to 3ds max. im planning on getting some training material for max, can anyone make some suggestions? (books, dvds, etc.) currently im thinking either the max5 bible or that one book with the character in a rowboat. and i know discreet has a little bit of training courseware. and that max character modeling for gaming with the female character on the cover always looked interesting. if anyone has experience with any of these or has any suggestions please share. thanx.

Ted Boardman has a new max6.0 out or just being released. I would highly suggest this as a must read to get a handle on the software!!! His work is always clear, concise, to the piont and applied to a real used function & or task/s.

rgrds

WDA

Originally posted by dec:

well at work i think im going to be stuck on 5 for awhile. does the author have a release for 5?

Hi Rhett,

Yes, I do have a max 5 Fundamentals by New Riders. You can probably still find a copy in most major bookstores or you can buy a new or used one at Amazon.

Thanks William!

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0735713189/qid=1074426097//ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i0_xgl14/103-7243623-7584646?v=glance&s=books&n=507846