good eye level height???

Dave Buckley

Average persons height is 1.80 meters. So the eye level would be 1.75 m, but anywhere from 1.75 to 1.85 is fine IMO.

Ps. About the camera grid, try using a constraint to attach a grid to the camera.

Edited by Horhe

In the uk, average male height for 16+ age group is 175.2 cm (5' 8.9") and female is 161.6 cm (5' 3.6"). take the average of these is 168.4 cm. a human head is about 20cm height, with the eyes traditionally bang in the middle, so if we take off 10 cm from average total height we get 158.4cm or 1.584m.

I use 1.6m.

hmmmmm at 1.6m my camera seems incredibly close to the ceiling and this room is to scale based on the drawings i have been given by the architect, room height is 2300mm and please don't question the window placement as i already have done :)

they seem far too close to the floor for me, and they are making my scene look odd

i will attached the elevation and plan of the room in a second when i manage to crop (so you can see windows in relation to ground level and first floor level) the huge pdf file and photoshop stops bloody rasterizing it :)

I think that the windows are going to make it look "wrong" no matter where you put your camera. Rather than trying to gauge a good height from the windows, place a chair or table in there and use that as reference or even a scale mannequin.

Out of interest, when you asked about the window height, what did they say?

but what if a tall person looks in the room? or a midget?

you need to allow for this otherwise you are discriminating imo.

1.65m then tilt from there, camera correct - unless you specifically want to do a close up shot of a coffee mug with extreme dof and glow from a sitting posistion. this seems to be a popular shot, along with the extreme tap / basin close up.

but what if a tall person looks in the room? or a midget?

you need to allow for this otherwise you are discriminating imo.

1.65m then tilt from there, camera correct - unless you specifically want to do a close up shot of a coffee mug with extreme dof and glow from a sitting posistion. this seems to be a popular shot, along with the extreme tap / basin close up.

hahaha. don't forget to roll the camera 45 degrees too.

I think that the windows are going to make it look "wrong" no matter where you put your camera. Rather than trying to gauge a good height from the windows, place a chair or table in there and use that as reference or even a scale mannequin.

Out of interest, when you asked about the window height, what did they say?

they said that it is correct, it is a nursing home for the mentally unstable, or should i say rehab??? so perhaps they are just trying to play with there minds, psychological window placement maybe :)