Working for a company and posting renderings online

drew_almighty

I've asked the higher-ups a few times about posting renderings on websites like CG Architect. I explained that the company name would be included and aside from possibly improving my abilities through constructive criticism, it would also be free advertising. I never get a response.

Do I need approval to post my renderings online? Is it something I need to look for in my employment contract? Or is it just not allowed unless I get approval?

well, the production images you create in the company are actually owned by the client, so i think it depends on how sensitive your project is. I think the best way would be to have a sideline project that you can post wip's here.

never post without approval is the best advice imo

Do I need approval to post my renderings online? Is it something I need to look for in my employment contract? Or is it just not allowed unless I get approval?

how do we know???

getting approval is usually the 'done' thing, and is something you'll probably not find in your contract of employment. some employers are easy over it, some are fiercely against it.

the only answer is to get your boss's/client's approval first hand. and if you get no response then ring them or ask them again.

how do we know???

getting approval is usually the 'done' thing, and is something you'll probably not find in your contract of employment. some employers are easy over it, some are fiercely against it.

the only answer is to get your boss's/client's approval first hand. and if you get no response then ring them or ask them again.

Just asking for opinions crabby. Since people on this forum work at companies and also post images online, I figured they might know how that works.