High quality models

Arnold Sher

Hi everyone...

Here is the dilemma... We do work for clients all over the world and over the years we've build up a very extensive library of various pieces of furniture that is just sitting on our server and we are deliberating what we should do with it... On one hand it is probably the core of our business in terms that we have such a great asset on the other hand we would love to help other people out there to extend their skills and unlike evermotion who collapse their models we want to supply our models as we've made them. We've even got to an extent of producing our inhouse tutorials for our staff to learn from and we have all of it ready. Here is the question... Should we go into the market of selling these or should we remain as we are "a custom high quality" modelling studio? We hold rights for all our pieces so that would not really be a problem what i am wary about is putting this information out there and everyone just passes it to one another and we are the guys that supplied it all but not really benefited at all from it...? I am attaching a model of a curtain that we've made recently to indicate the quality that we are talking about and would love to hear people's opinion on it...

its a pretty crowded market, unless you are doing it super cheap i wouldnt bother - just do commission speciality furniture for other people. evermotion stuff just gets fileshared around straight away like you say.

that curtain model is allright, except it doesnt fold at the bottom where it meets the floor, the wrap doesnt extend around the curtain cleanly to hold it back plus back curtain has too many polys, even without meshsmoothing. also textured would be a necessity for people Id think. Thanks for the model though!