Does ProBoolean get rid the a VrayDisplace Mod?

danb4026

I have something rendering right now and its got a good 5 hours left.

Prior to turning one of my editable polys into a proboolean, I had a vraydisplacment modier on the object. It rendered fine. Afterwards, I had to perfom a proboolean on the object. Now it is rendering and I am afraid that the displacement modifier has been negated.

Obviously, when you do the proboolean, the object is collapsed to a proboolean and all modifiers in the editable poly stack go away.

Do you lose the displacement???

I would hate to wait 5 more hours to see that the displacement is not there.

If your using vray frame buffer, click on the button in the frame buffer that allows the buckets to follow your mouse pointer and roll over the grass for it to render first, that way you can check it as fast as possible.

To be honest I always add the displacement mod after I create the geometry so I cant quite say if you lost it after stack collapsing, but I lean more towards the option that unfotunately it will not be taken into account. Its more logical, because once you collapse a stack with the displacement, if the only way to remove the displ mod would be deleting the mesh then that wouldnt make much sense.

Edited by Horhe

Yes the proboolean function automatically collapses the source objects stack to a simple mesh, you're displacement is gone.

perhaps just let it finish. reapply your displacement and region render just the displaced object.... and comp in photoshop after complete so you don't have to rerender the entire scene