How do you normally charge for your service?

sparksue

Dear all,

I would like to know how much do you really charge for your service as a Architectural Visualization?

Do you charge by per piece or?? Will you charge extra for customize furniture? How do you charge if they are interested to ask for your help in modelling / rendering a furniture?

How do you normally charge a animation?

Note that everything are render in 3ds max and Vray.

My idea was that if they requested for a exterior / interior scene, i would charge per piece. For furniture wise, i will choose for them unless they requested to have a specify furniture which i will charge extra due to the difficult. [For this i am still wondering what's range will it consider as easy,normal or even hard]

Last by not least, if they give you only a picture [Furniture] will you able to do it? I am not sure on this as i would like to know more what's are the information that you guys need if they requested for modeling furniture? [Dimension, 3 view pictures, etc?]

Would appreciate someone can guide me on this as i wish to learn how it's work. Thanks!!

The way how I do it is...

just think about how long is it going to take you, whatever the job is, interior, exterior, animation, furniture, anything, you know how long and multiply that but you hourly rate. that's it.;)

Then you can subdivide that for you client in different heading

modeling, textured, lighting, composing, camera track, etc

I hope this is useful, but also there are a lot of thread about this subject in CGarchitects, do a search and you will fing plenty of tips in here:)

Hey guys,

thanks for your suggestions. Hmmm so you guys do charge everything. As mention earlier unless they requested customize furniture, i tend to use the furniture from evermotion as i bought quite a few vol.

will do, perhaps i will do a flat fee first. unless there's anything customize of furniture. As for animation will have to search the forum. Thanks guys!

Most important is to keep practice my modeling and rendering. :)