Light:Strange Light in the room

Jet

Couple of Questions

Well using all of the tools that i was armed with over the weekend and earlier this week from the group, I did this interior, and the only light that I am using is a Daylight system set to skylight. If I uncheck exterior light then I get this result, If I check exterior light, then I get a totally black image, and it doesnt matter what exposure control I adjust, even putting brightness all the way up to 200 stil wont do the trick I am also getting a hideous bright white light in the room, I dont know what that is from, that is supposed to be a 6 oclock daylight well it was 103 degrees here today, but come on. Well if anybody can shed some light on the issue I would appreciate it.

Oh yea, I modeled most of this scene in Max this time! Yippee hurray for me, Some of the hardcore stuff I had to do in AutoCAD. But comments are also welcome. Thanks again.

Jet

Here is the image

kitchen.jpg

Here are the settings I used

kitchensettings.jpg

When I put the sunlight source to 90000, I get a black picture, and the only thing that I can see is the highlights on raytrace materials, and the white in the self aluminated window materials, after that, i can raise the brightness value up to 200 and get no affect at all.

Any Ideas on the Very Bright Spot on the right side wall.

Also when I rotated the camera, i see very blothcy jagged edge shadows on the opposite wall.

Jet

Jet,

Hide the glass that is between the kitchen and all outside light sources then re-process the Rad.. Use these settings in the Exp. Con. as a starting point:

Log.

Bri. 40

Cont. 100

Mid. Tone 1 or .01

Phy. Scale 45,000

Rad. Sol.:

I.Q. 80

R.I. 0

Filter 0

Mesh Den. 2'-4'

Your Rad. processing should be pretty quick with these settings and when you render your scene it will probably be over exposed. You will need to adjust your brightness and contrast until you get the lighting level you are looking for. It looks like you are getting light leaks this is probably from either having the outside lights to bright or the vertices from the ceiling are not aligned to the vertices from the top of the wall.

Try this and see how it looks, at this point don't look for lighting quality look for the light intensity. Once you get this close then worry about adding the glass back in.

tom