living room...WIP

accu

Quite nice really. A few nit-picky thoughts-

The area of the fireplace is the least convincing part. The material is kind of "glowing", maybe reflecting more light than it would appear to be recieving? For example, the shadow on the upper arch there doesn't seem to correspond accurately to those can lights.

Also, whatever is supposed to be outside those windows seems to be vague, like a dense grey fog out there or something?

Most of the stuff in the foreground is quite convincing though.

thanks for the input. hmmm... i check into the fireplace... maybe the material is too white. outside the window, i wanted to put either some lights or a city scape or something but havent found anything that i liked, putting an image just wasnt convincing, might have to build the outside for it to look good.

ya i been having some problems with bleeding in thoses lights, i cant think of why it would bleed in the first place. I placed the light in a 2" think tube you think that would stop the bleeding but it doesnt. i have to crank up the settings to get rid of bleeding but right now its on low (vray) just for the WIPs

• 2 weeks later...

anyone got any advice on leaky lights?... the 4 pot lights i have on the ceiling have some serious leaking to them. i have a vray light in a tube thats about 2" thick that is inside a hole (that has top and sides so not just a circular void) in the ceiling. it seem so random, i had render with higher settings before and it was not there but i cant get rid off the leaks now :-(

In that situation I'd probably use the VRay Light Material as the material inside those (recessed) lights rather than screw around with a VRay light in them which will increase your render times with no significant benefit to your scene. Just my $.02