Wind Analysis

jimbo stevo

Hi All,

I am currently working on a medium/high density development project. I am doing block modelling in Sketchup to date which has proven brilliant for sun/shade analysis. The site has a prevailing wind, which i would like to analyse alongside the sun/shade analysis. My question is does anyone know of a sketchup plugin or another program that i can put wind info into to determine sheltered (desireable) through to exposed or wind tunnelled (undesireable) space amongst the building of our proposed village?

Thank you in advance for any help, and i hope this is the right forum for this? I'm new to this brilliant community so am hoping I'm playing by the rules!

Thanks again,

James

Does Ecotect actually do this analysis? I thought this was one of the things it just has geometry exporters for...

When I did this stuff in school it was complicated as hell and required pretty specialized software like this one we used. They took hours and sometimes didn't "converge" to a solution, and of course all of this falls under chaos theory so half the time the data is worthless anyway.