Translucent material

caicedor

Hi everybody... I have found the way to model curtains, but i have no clue about a material for them... I have added a picture where you can see what im talking about... I preffer to use a material in my 3dsmax instead of doing it in post (maybe its imposibble to do in post, but just in case...)

Thanks man, you have given me an excellent clue. I have been comparing translucency from vray material and vray 2sided material. One thing im not clear with is if light would go through the 2sided material, so i can get light in my interior scene if im using only exterior ilumination.

Set up your curtain material as a standard vray material first, light transmission will be controlled by the opacity slot, whether that is by a colour swatch or a bitmap.

Then copy that material into the base material slot of your 2-sided material. The way it works is that by adjusting the colour swatch you can control how much of the illumination hitting the rear face of the curtain shows through relative to the illumination hitting the front face. That way it gives the illusion of light passing through the solid parts of the material.

Does that make sense?