3D Microstation Rotate View

TomA

How do lock the view (UCS rotation) in all viewports so that when you cut a vertical section through a model in top view it is straight on when you change to the side view.

i.e. without reverting back to the global UCS and showing an oblique sectional view instead. If that makes sense.

Thanks

T

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

I've changed and saved the UCS before but can't remember how to do it in 3D i.e. it’s fine and easy in top viewport but doesn’t seem to translate into all other viewports (they are still rotated to the global UCS).

Anyway I got round the problem by rotating my model parallel / perpendicular to the global UCS, whilst setting up a grid to enable me to rotate it back if need be.

Kind of the easy way out but works best for me.

open up tools/ auxillary co-ordinates use the second tool and set your ucs by clicking on three points. If you want to rotate the ucs from say front to top don't use the keys VT or VF as this resets the ucs to world. Instead use the shortcut E which is the standard mine is (VE). When you have set your ucs you can save this and recall it anytime by write to acs my shortcut is AW but look up what the standard is by pressing shift and ? I load a saved ucs by using the shortcut AS again check what it is for you.

This drove me mad for about 6 weeks as well so I know how annoying it can be let me know how you get on

Hope this helps

Tommy