Stone wall and displacement

TomD_Arch

I am using a displacement map for this stone wall and now there is the issue of the wall pulling apart. Does anyone know how to fix this? I feel like this is going to be a duh moment so place forgive me if this is a "You should know this" thing.:confused:

are you using vray? if so you need to put a vray displacement modifier on the object. And tick the box "use object material" and "keep continuity"

Then in your material slot put your displacement map in the displacement slot.

This should sort your problem.

are you using vray? if so you need to put a vray displacement modifier on the object. And tick the box "use object material" and "keep continuity"

Then in your material slot put your displacement map in the displacement slot.

This should sort your problem.

If you're using a vray displacement modifier then why would you want to put a map in the displacement slot of the material as well?

Are you using the 'sepcial effects" displacement, or the "mental ray connection displacement"?

Use the latter (its further down the material rollout). Unlock it, add a "height map displacement", and then add your bitmap to that - make sure that you use inverse displacement though, as in, make the max 0, and the minimum the height you want in a neg value.

You can up the details in the map by 1> lowering the blur on the bitmap map and 2> changing the values in the render rollout for displacement (under 'Render" by memory, or one of the other tabs). Make the edge length smaller and itll render more precisely (And take longer). I wouldnt go below 1.0.

Edited by Ky Lane