max rendering to .PSD file

STRAT

hi guys

i'm looking for a script or plug-in that will allow me to render out from max to a .PSD (photoshop) file. retaining all relevent elements to separate photoshop layers.

Cinema 4D i use does this no prob, but i'd like a max/viz capability too.

anyone got any help pls?

cheers guys

• Administrators

MAX 5 can do this without a plugin, if I remeber correctly.

Originally posted by STRAT:

hi guys

i'm looking for a script or plug-in that will allow me to render out from max to a .PSD (photoshop) file. retaining all relevent elements to separate photoshop layers.

Cinema 4D i use does this no prob, but i'd like a max/viz capability too.

anyone got any help pls?

cheers guys

nisus - yeah, there is, but im actually looking for a way of saving directly to .pds whilst retaining all the appropriate layers/channels within the same file. Cinema4D does this as standard but i'd like it from viz/max too.

unfortunately max 5 can't export rendering passes (render elements) into a pds file...

it can only read psd files with layers for the material editor...

writing a pds-export script sound pretty impossible, unless there is a (preferable open-source & public domain) command line pds generation app. if anyone knows such a tool please tell me.

i consider doing an automated photoshop script/action. i fear that ps actions can't use any variables (needed for filename parsing) so i'd have to mess around with the ps7 javascript support...

i checked out photoshop scripting support, it is HELL. it would take me hours to get into it, and the result would suck.

there is no way to fully integrate scripts like with max, they are external (visual basic) exe files which remote-control photoshop, or javascript files you'd have to start from a sub-sub-sub menu.

and still everyone who want to use this scripts would have to download the SDK first. it really SUCKS.

no max-render-elements -> psd composite script from me...