Glasgow School of Architecture?

TomA

Hi,

I'm trying to canvas opinion about this...

I'm thinking of applying to do a masters degree in architecture with a digital design / 3d vis bent at the Mackintosh School of Architecture in Glasgow starting this September.

I might be too late for this year and I might not get in, but I think it's worth a try.

Anyway I thought there might be members here who are at the school or alumni or know people there who could give some advice and opinion on it.

If you'd prefer to send me a private message about it that's fine.

Thanks!

Tom

Thanks for the advice. I'm pretty sure it's a bonafide 1 year full time course, I just wanted to know if anyone had any experience of the that type of course or that uni.

I'm also considering a similar Msc at Edinburgh (if anyone has any knowledge there?).

But to be honest, the money might be an issue, It's more than I first expected!

Great, thanks for the positive response!

Do you mind me asking how long ago you were there/if it has/is changing and also if the undergraduates interacted much with the masters students, if at all?

I've visited Glasgow a couple of times and nearly went there for part I and it seems to be a pretty nice place.

The DDS does sound cool although I think that is more research based than taught?.. also thanks for the link!...

T

I studied there for 3 years (part time) between 2003/2006. The course was part time - I had to keep working to pay for it! If it matters, I also was in my late 20's when I was there.

I know the GSA plans on changing its environment somewhat with the redevlopment of its campus - but I have no idea about courses outside of the architecture school.

As a part time student, I had little or no interaction with the full time students. Which kinda suited me, so no real complaint there.

Hope that helps .... andy