EGZ VRay Glass Not Working with SP3

erickdt

Has anyone else had an issue with EGZ VRay glass with VRay 1.5 SP3? It has always worked fine until recently when I upgraded to SP3. Now I get an error message that says "--Unable to convert: true to type: Integer". If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know. Thanks in advance!

E

Some of the vray material parameters have changed, so scripts that relied on the old parameters will need to be upgraded. I think the issue with your problem is that there was another check box next to the "affect shadows" check box that's no longer there.

• Administrators

Yes, the script will need to be updated. We had to update all of the VisMasters V-Ray Materials due to the same change on the v-ray side. Would be nice if Chaos group communicated these thing to developers. It's a simple change though, so Torgeir should be able to fix it pretty quickly.

Hello Jeff,

Both Vlado and Torgeir are aware of the issue and it is being taken care of. Anyway, I will contact EGZ again to check whether he needs any additional assistance from our side.

Best regards,

Tedi

Support Manager

Chaos Group|Chaos Software

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all,

Does anyone know if there has been any progress on re-writing this script? can someone tell me how I can re-write this script so it works? I have a few scenes that are very glass heavy and they're taking forever to render with regular glass (via. typical VRay material seetings).

Thanks in advance!

E

Hi Dan,

It was a plugin/script for a variety of different VRay materials. There was one for VRay Glass, VRay Wax, VRay Car Paint and VRay Self Illuminated Material. I really only ever used the glass which had great rendered results with small render times.

Like I said at the beginniing of the topic, it no longer works with VRay 1.5 SP3. To that I say: Boo, hiss...

E

• Administrators

If Torgeir does not get around to upgrading the script, there are several enhanced glass shaders available with the Vol 1 VisMasters V-Ray Architectural Materials. They were based on the EGZ materials. They are not free of course. There is a promo on them now though, so if you end up going that route, just shoot me a PM and I can help you out.

• 3 months later...

Manually or use a script like this place all the materials egz to the Material Editor.

Press the F11 key and insert the text.

for i in 1 to 24 do try (meditMaterials [i] = meditMaterials [i]. delegate) catch () 

Select text and press SHIFT + ENTER.

All materials in the Material Editor will be available for editing.

The script is called "FixUtilities" and is part of a package of free scripts TrackScripts

You can download the scripts from this page

3d-kstudio.com/?page_id=27

Alexander, Could you further explain the script you are talking about an its use?

Download and unpack archive on a hard disk

Start 3dsMax

In the menu Maxscript choose Run Script

Choose TrackScripts.mzp

Restart 3dsMax

In menu Customize>>> Customize User Interface>>> Category>>> Track choose the "FixUtilities" script and draw it to the Panel of Instruments.

Open your scene and run FixUtilities.

Choose egz materials in script (see image on previous post) and press "Place to MatEditor".

• 7 months later...

Vray sp 1.5. Things were working great until i decided it was a good idea to update vray. then like most updgrades, or downgrades, things dont work the same.

I also would like some more explination on the script issue and ways to resolve it. i went through the steps that were discussed previously and downloaded the fix utilties items. however i have had no luck getting the Vray Materials to work. Is there not an easier way to get the problem solved?

Thanks,

Chad H

Hi Chad,

I no longer use any EGZ materials. I just make them on my own from scratch. Glass definately takes a bit longer than the EGZ glass to render but it's really not all that bad in terms of render times.

E

Erickdt,

Thanks for replying back. If you don't mind could you give me a quick run through on how to create a good curtain wall glass. I need to make a good clear glass as well as a glass I can put some color to.

Thanks,

Chad h

Hi Chad,

I make clear glass all of the time which is relatively simple. It's usually just a diffuse color of a light blue (the diffuse color really doesn't matter that much as it will be almost 100% transparent), reflection set to pure white with fresnel reflections enabled. I usually don't make my glass glossy in order to not slow render times but in situations where a more detailed shot is required glossy reflections are more realistic. In the attached examples and settings I actually used falloff maps for both the reflection and refraction just to add some more variation to the material. I think I will probably do this from now on. The attached example also uses glossy reflections.

I do colored glass less often. In my example the settings were very similar except I used some color in the darker part of my falloff map and some fog color as well. You'll have to play around a bit to get exactly what you want but that should be a good start.

E

• 1 month later...
If Torgeir does not get around to upgrading the script, there are several enhanced glass shaders available with the Vol 1 VisMasters V-Ray Architectural Materials. They were based on the EGZ materials. They are not free of course. There is a promo on them now though, so if you end up going that route, just shoot me a PM and I can help you out.

Hi Jeff, I use VisMasters V-Ray Architectural Materials with 3ds max design 2010. Recently I updated Vray to Sp4, and the simian frost glass, arch glass, is giving me that error of true to type: integer error.

Once I run the script from simian folder, I get this error '--Unknown property: "color1" in undefined' when I apply it to an object

I really don't want to return to sp2 from Sp4. Can you help out with this?

Edited by allenella